PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Everything Eric Carle!


I LOVE Eric Carle.  You can teach almost anything using his books...math concepts, reading strategies, writing craft, art, the enjoyment of reading, social skills, colors, numbers and so much more.  In fact, what can't you teach with Eric Carle books?!  Okay, so I am a huge fan. 

Why am I talking about Eric Carle?  I read Amanda's blog: One Extra Degree: Confessions of a Teachaholic.  She is holding a contest for her readers to win some great Eric Carle resources.  Check it out and let her know I sent you.  :-)


Here is a quick list of some of the things I have taught with his books:

The Very Hungry Caterpillar        Sequencing, counting
Animals Animals                          Rhyming, poetry 
The Tiny Seed                               Plants - life cycle
The Very Grouchy Ladybug         Reading strategy - reading like the character, Math-telling time, Social Emotional/Behavior
The Secret Birthday Message      Shapes, Writing messages

If you're interested in more Eric Carle ideas- let me know with a comment below. 

This is a bulletin board from several years ago that shows the "Eric Carle Art" of my pre-K students.  They used the over-head projector to trace, cut out, and arrange pieces to make colorful collages.  They loved using the over-head as a light board. 

I must say all his books are good for teaching Writer's Craft!

Here are two helpful links...
  1. The contest link again is Amanda's One Extra Degree: Confessions of a Teachaholic
  2. Here is a link to Scholastic's Eric Carle book study page...

How do you use Eric Carle books in your classroom? Leave a comment below.










Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment